If you’re serious about blogging and getting more traffic to your blog, installing Google Analytics on your Blogger.com blog is a must.
Google Analytics is a suite of website traffic tools that helps you monitor your website traffic as well as where your traffic is coming from and lots more.
Thankfully, it’s super easy to add Google Analytics to Blogger. Since Blogger.com is a Google company, they’ve made the process beyond simple.
I’m going to walk you through the whole process of signing up for Google Analytics as well as installing it on your Blogger.com blog.
How to Add Google Analytics
Watch the video below which covers the whole process, or see the written directions below.
STEP 1: Sign Up for Google Analytics
- Go to the Google Analytics web page.
- Sign in using your Google account email. For Blogger.com, you can use the same email you use for your blog.
- You will need to Sign Up for an Analytics account.
- Under What would you like to track? choose Website.
- Select an Account Name.
- Enter your Website Name and Website URL.
- Choose an Industry Category that best fits your blog topic.
- Choose your time zone for accurate reports.
- Under Data Sharing Settings, read through what each option includes and select the options that best fit your situation. I generally leave them all checked.
- Click the Get Tracking ID button.
- Accept the Terms of Service.
- You will be taken directly to your account dashboard and your Tracking ID will be prominently displayed on the page. This is the code you need to add to Blogger. Copy this code and hang onto it for Step 2.
STEP 2: Install Google Analytics on Blogger
- Go to your Blogger Dashboard.
- Go to Settings > Other.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to the Google Analytics section.
- Paste your code into the Analytics Web Property Id box.
- Click the Save settings button at the top right of the page.
That’s it! You have now added Google Analytics to your Blogger blog.
Give the system about 24 hours before you start seeing data (may happen sooner).
If you want to learn more about Google Analytics and how to read your reports, I recommend this article from SmartBlogger: A Crash Course in Google Analytics for Anyone Who’s Sick of Feeling Like an Idiot.
You have now added Google Analytics to Your Blogger Blog!
Congrats, now you can start optimizing your blog for SEO and track your blog’s growth with this powerful tool.
RELATED POST: 40 Essential SEO Terms Every Blogger Should Know