So, you want to add a Snapchat button to Blogger? No wonder! Snapchat is the fastest growing social media network with over 10 billion snaps sent every day!
The target audience for Snapchat is ages 18 to 34. So, if you’re readers fall in this age range, Snapchat is a great tool to help grow your blog.
Video is a great way to build trust with your community of readers through live interactions and transparency. Snapchat is great because it gives you a chance to dabble in video without making a huge commitment.
Luckily, it’s quite easy to add Snapchat to your Blogger blog. Snapchat introduced Snapcodes as an easy way to add friends on Snapchat. Your readers can simply point their Snapchat camera at your Snapcode and tap their screen to add you on Snapchat! Easy peasy!
How to add your Snapchat button on Blogger
Step 1: Grab Your Snapcode file
- Visit this Snapcode link. (https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/snapcodes?type=png)
- Login and the download will automatically start.
- Check your Download folder for the Snapcode file. It will be a file called Snapcodes.
Step 2: Add the Snapcode to Your Blogger blog
- Login to your Blogger Dashboard.
- Go to the Layout page.
- Click Add a gadget link in the widget section you would like to display the Snapchat Snapcode.
- Select the Image widget from the options.
- Upload the image you downloaded in Step 1.
- Then click the Save button.
Check your blog and you’ll now see a Snapcode in your widget area.
That’s it! People can now follow you on Snapchat by scanning your Snapcode with their phone.