You guys know I love to
tease you with share sneak peaks of our upcoming themes. Well, I am super, super excited to share our upcoming WordPress theme, Maryanne! Maryanne is named after my husband’s late aunt who left us in 2014 and we miss dearly. Maryanne was a classy, sassy Italian lady who was one of those women who defined the word “lady”. She was a mom, a nurse, a spitfire and a genuine Italian nonna. So, our newest theme is dedicated to Maryanne.
Maryanne is a very clean, black and white theme with some sneaky pops of color hidden throughout the theme. I’ve been working on setting up the theme demo and I couldn’t wait to share. And Maryanne is packed full of new features we’ve added.
All the Details
Maryanne has some brand new features we’re really excited about but she’s still built upon our base framework which means this theme is easy to setup and customize. Some of the features include:
- 4 Featured Post sliders & a magazine layout to display your posts
- 14 blog layouts to choose from
- Google Fonts
- Tons of customizable color options
- Custom widgets including About Me, Recent Posts, Post Carousel, Instagram, Facebook and more!
- Social media integration
- Image menu for sidebars (great for Category menus)
- and more!
Awesome New Features!
Based on customer feedback and requests, we’ve added some really cool new features:
- Facebook Open Graph, Twitter Card, Google Post Styles and Pinterest Rich Pin Integration (with ability to disable when using plugins like SEO by Yoast)
- Adjustable logo height from the Theme Customizer
- 3 menus (all optional) – Top bar menu, under logo menu and footer menu
- Tons of new widget areas including: Above Promo Boxes, Under Promo Boxes, dynamic 1-3 column footer area (plus the usual full width footer area)
- A new style Landing page with a 2/3 + 1/3 layout with additional widget areas to create a fully widgetized home page/page option that’s pretty sweet.
- Easily hide page titles
- Custom fields to add individual post widgets and shortcodes under the Read More links on the home page (super handing for things like “Shop the Post” sliders)
- and more!
Shh, don’t tell the rest of our themes, but I think I have a new favorite! Shh…
We’ll be releasing Maryanne within the next two weeks after I finish with the demo and documentation. We’ll send out a post when we do.
A few tidbits to keep in mind:
- We’re also going to retro some of these features into our existing themes, things like the Facebook, etc. integrations, the new Landing page template, adjustable logo heights and more. Look for the updated themes in your Theme dashboard and we’ll make general announcements here on the blog when we make our updates.
- Blogger template updates coming soon! We’re adding Facebook, Rich Pins and Twitter Card Integrations to our Blogger templates as well as a few updates, so watch for those announcements as well.
- NEW BLOGGER THEMES! In between updating all our WordPress themes, we’ll be releasing a few NEW Blogger themes I’ve been working on, including Jolie for Blogger plus some cool new styles with some features like MailChimp subscription form styles!! Keep your eyes peeled for those announcements too!
Lots happening around here…I better get back to work.