Last updated on July 9th, 2019 at 09:38 pm
This policy addresses the issues of Refunds and Returns for digital products sold by Georgia Lou Studios.
Because we sell on multiple platforms (Etsy, Creative Market, etc.), we have crafted our policy to closely match those platforms, especially Creative Market which specializes in selling digital products. This policy provides all of our customers with consistency regardless of which platform they purchased our product on.
Please note that we strictly enforce this policy and do not make exceptions for any reason. This is ensure that all of our customers receive the same treatment.
Our Refund Policy
Because of the nature of the products we sell, i.e. digital downloads, we do not issue refunds or allow exchanges for any reason, including, but not limited to:
- You (or your client) no longer need the purchased product.
- You found another product you like better or you’ve changed your mind.
- You don’t have sufficient expertise to use the product.
- You don’t have the correct software to open and edit the product.
- You’re using WordPress.com and your current plan doesn’t allow theme uploads.
- You bought the wrong version (i.e. Blogger.com vs. WordPress).
- You’re using a different blogging platform.
- You bought the item on accident.
- You are having trouble downloading the product because your internet is not fast enough, is not stable, cannot handle a large download, or similar issues related to your internet service.
This refund policy is consistent with the standard followed by most other sellers of digital downloads.
There are several reasons why this policy is the standard among sellers of digital downloads:
- It is not possible to return a digital download.
- Unfortunately, there are some individual who will use refund policies to scam companies and they ruin things for everyone else.
- It costs companies money to process refunds. We actually lose money when we process refunds.
- There is no way to ensure that the product will not be used after the refund is processed.
All of the above are reasons why we and large companies like Creative Market have strict Refund Policies and also why we work hard to be very transparent about our products. All of our products are clearly labeled with details like features, product system requirements and links to demos so you can see the product live in action.
Special Case: Double-Charge for Item
Occasionally, we see a double-charge for the same item purchased by a customer.
Thus far, 100% of these instances have happened because a customer clicked the purchase button multiple times during the purchase process. Customer multiple clicks result in the transaction being processed multiple times and double-charges.
Evidence of multiple clicks by the customer is shown by different transaction times on the orders in our cart system records. The order start times are the same but the process times are different.
A system error on our end would show the charge time stamps with the exact same time stamps at all points.
As our system stamps each interaction down to the millisecond, it is possible to differentiate system error from customer multiple clicks.
In the case of a system error, we are happy to process a full refund for the duplicate charge(s) ONLY.
In the case of customer multiple clicks, we will process a refund LESS the credit card fees. In the case of refund, we are still required to pay these fees.
We will help you in any way we can in accordance with our Support Policy to resolve any issues, but once again, we do not issue refunds or allow exchanges.