Last updated on July 1st, 2020 at 01:37 pm
We are aware that for some users, the recommended Instagram plugin is not working. Please do not submit a help ticket for this issue. Read the information below to fix your Instagram.
Due to changes made by Instagram, the WP Instagram Widget plugin which we previously recommended with our themes has been retired.
You can still find the support page for the old plugin HERE. The developer is still answering questions about it at this time.
JULY 2020 UPDATE!!!! READ BELOW!
As of July 1, 2020, your Instagram Widgets using the WP Social Feed Gallery plugin may stop working.
The fix is easy:
1) Make sure you have the lastest update of the plugin.
2) In the plugin “Accounts” tab, delete your current Instagram account and reauthorize it. More directions here on how to set up the plugin.
3) In the plugin “Feeds” tab, click the “Edit” button and Save the Feed. This will assign your account to the feed and they should work again.
A New Plugin
To replace the old plugin, we have selected a new plugin called WP Social Feed Gallery. ALL of our themes have been updated for the plugin change.
To use the new plugin and get Instagram working again, you will need to:
- Update your theme
- Install and setup the plugin.
1. Update Your Theme
Keep an eye on your Appearance > Themes page for an update to the parent theme. It can take up to 12 hours for the update notice to show. Follow this tutorial to find out how to update your theme.
2. Directions for New Plugin
IMPORTANT: Support for this plugin is provided by the developer of the plugin. We do not own or support this plugin, we merely recommend it and provide directions for the plugin’s use with our themes. If you have problems with this plugin, contact the plugin developer here.